Saturday, September 13, 2008

Days off

Today I went down to Provo to the BYU - UCLA game. What a game. It was remarkable in that we expected so much from that game and UCLA forgot they were supposed to show up and play. Long flight home for them!
Today though, I was most impressed, as I have been over and over again, how fortunate are I and my family. We all seem unusally close. I have said this before, as have each of my siblings. Today, however, I felt fortunate to have the brothers-in-law that I have. They are remarkable men and wonderful husbands and fathers. I don't know how or why my sisters fished the best out of the pond but that they did and they, as well as the rest of us, reap the rewards. I have said before that anyone who says always or never is a liar. However in this case, I am always better in the end having spent time around them. My Book of Dave quote for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you know we feel the same about you Dave. Really. The genuine concern and love you have for us is really humbling.

I also want you to know how proud we are of you. I often comment to AMR about how your life has evolved right in front of our eyes since you've moved to SLC. You are a true inspiration for all of us.

Anonymous said...

WE did have such a fun "family time". I so agree with all you said. We are so blessed as a family. I love your "blog". oxox

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to say--and I know you don't say it lightly. You are very thoughtful, and I'm blessed to have you for my brother.